400 Bad Request when trying to add a Web Reference

This morning, I had a hard time adding a Web Reference in my CF application pointing to a WCF service. I checked the service several times, re-built it several times as well, but each time I got a HTTP 400 Bad Request when clicking the "Go" button of the Add Web Reference wizard.
And then, I copied/pasted the URL one more time deleting the mex part at the end but leaving the ending slash. And it worked. I had removed the ending slash and thus caused this annoying behavior. I lost 5 minutes over such a stupid problem...

Hope it will help one of you someday :)

Comments

  1. Thank you for your post. I had the same problem and lost even more than 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Create a draft release and start it using the TFS REST API

Adding a delay before processing Textbox events

Change the deployment URL of a ClickOnce application