Migrate a SVN repository using VisualSVN Server

Today, I needed to relocate a SVN repository to a fancy new virtual server. I was planning on painful command lines and dumps and all the nerdy stuff. But in fact migrating using VisualSVN Server was surprisingly easy.
First I installed VisualSVN Server on the new host, then stopped the service on the old host. I copied the repositories files from the old server to the new one. And started the service after doing a little configuration (svn address, authentication mode, etc.). And then, I relocated my working copies using the svn relocate command (from TortoiseSVN).

Could it be easier ? I don't think so.
Happy source control :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create a draft release and start it using the TFS REST API

Adding a delay before processing Textbox events

Change the deployment URL of a ClickOnce application